Bing Image Search is bad.
So I searched for pictures of Scootaloo being super adorable.
And I got Mario Strikers porn.
I mean, okay, I understand that people draw obscene pictures of ponies. So when I search for ponies with safesearch off I would expect rule 34 pictures of ponies sometimes. I can deal with that.
But Mario Strikers?! What? It’s not even close to ponies/Scootaloo. I mean, if it showed some Rainbow Brite porn or something I can at least say “all right it’s kind of like My Little Pony I guess”.
Seriously. I’m okay with porn. I’m unhappy that when little kids search for adorable ponies they get a bunch of rule 34 stuff, but it’s the Internet and it happens. But when your search engine not only gives me porn but it gives me irrelevant porn? That’s just bad.
Those of you who have been on the Internet for a while should remember the last search engine that gave random irrelevant porn results. Hint: It’s called Cuil and it’s dead.
EDIT: The softcore Mario porn is still there with Strict safesearch. Also some other users on Reddit have confirmed that they get the same results.
- artdumpling likes this
- tabularojo likes this
- switchbored505 likes this
- theduskheart likes this
- saliantsunbreeze likes this
- nevernoesbest reblogged this from xxxneckbeard360noscopexxx
- xxxneckbeard360noscopexxx reblogged this from sparklepeep and added:
- xxxneckbeard360noscopexxx likes this
- s-vortex-rnd said:that is bizarre! ‘images’ does the strangest things sometimes, wow. I feel terrible for the parents of children who love the show! What the brony community needs is a group to make a pony-34 filter for children to install
- s-vortex-rnd likes this
- cappydarn said:im convinced bing is actually a joke now
- sparklepeep posted this